SPORTS & FITNESS
This all levels Yoga class will focus on developing clear and safe alignment in foundation poses, taught by instructor John Shanoian
- Tuesdays—5:30pm—6:30pm; $3.00 each session
- Wednesdays—2:00pm—3:00pm; $3.00 each session
The Yoga class below is held at the Clovis Recreation Center, 3495
- Fridays—10:00am—11:00am; $3.00 each session; (ages 13+)
This class is designed to increase flexibility, balance, coordination, muscular strength and cardiovascular endurance. The workout combines aerobic, flexibility and resistance with plenty of friendly fun.
- MTWThF—10:00am—11:00am; Christy Cole; $1.00 (Activity Card)
This class will cover the basic concepts of Tai Chi. Posture, relaxed deep breathing, flowing movement, a basic understanding of mindbody connection; class to improve body awareness and balance.
- Mondays—5:15pm—6:15pm; Bill Titus; $1.00 (Activity Card)
Intermediate Tai Chi
- Thursdays—8:30am—9:30am; Instructor Jeannette; $30/8-week session. Meets weekly
This aerobic exercise class will introduce you to Latin moves and dances such as salsa, mambo, merengue, and samba. Unlike a traditional aerobics class, you won’t have to worry about stepping or clapping in perfect time. Zumba movements are free flowing and follow the music. The instructor will take you through a warm up, dance routine, and cool down. We will be offering three sessions. All classes meet weekly on Wednesdays.
- Zumba!! Chair: 12:00-12:45pm Exercise Room
- Low Intense Zumba!!: 1:00-1:45pm Multi-purpose Room
- Intense Zumba!!: 3:00-4:00pm Multi-purpose Room
DANCE & MUSIC
Beginning Line Dance
This class will introduce many of the basic moves necessary for Line Dancing. Many dance styles covered in this class include Country Western, Tango, Cha-Cha & more. All dance classes below are taught by instructor Jim Ray.
- Monday & Friday—1:00pm-3:00pm; $20.00 (Monthly fee)
- Tuesday & Thursday—1:00pm-3:00pm; $20.00 (Monthly fee)
- Friday—7:00pm-7:30pm; FREE LINE DANCE LESSON
Intermediate Line Dance
Intermediate Line Dance is the same as beginning except at a higher
level. Students taking this course should already know the basic
steps for line dancing.
- Tuesday & Thursday—3:00pm –5:00pm; $20.00 (Monthly fee)
This is a precision team. The instructor choreographs the routine
and team competes in Cambria early Spring.
- Monday & Friday–3:00pm-5:00pm; $20.00 (Monthly fee)
Couples Western Dance
Couples will be introduced to series of pattern
Western style dances.
- Monday—7:00pm-9:00pm; $12.00 per person (Monthly fee)
- Friday—5:00pm—7:00pm; $12.00 per person (Monthly fee)
ARTS & CRAFTS
The following classes are taught by instructor Valerie Ward
This class is designed for students who have an interest in working
with clay and bisque, and gives students experiences in making functional
as well as sculptural pieces, using a variety of techniques.
$40.00 (8 weeks)
This class will introduce students to the essential information needed to draw and paint still life and landscape using the pastel medium. Demonstrations and individual instruction will be given before moving on to defining shapes.
- Thursdays—10:00am –1:00pm
$45.00 (8 weeks)
Basic painting techniques with an emphasis on classic and contemporary
applications of oil and acrylic media.
- Tuesdays– 9:30am-12:30pm; $45.00 (8-weeks course)
- Thursdays– 1:30pm-4:00pm; $45.00 (8-weeks course)
Learn the fundamentals of playing and exploring with watercolors.
Enjoy a morning or afternoon of experimentation and fun while you learn the fundamentals of watercolor.
- Mondays– 9:30am—12:30pm; $45.00 (8-weeks course)
- Mondays—1:00pm—4:00pm; $45.00 (8 weeks)
- Tuesdays–9:30am—12:30pm; $45.00 (8-weeks course)
- Wednesdays–1:00pm-4:00pm; $45.00 (8-weeks course)
Advanced Sketch and Draw
- Tuesdays–1:00pm-4:00pm; $45.00 (8-weeks course)
Knitting, crocheting, embroidery, cross-stitching, quilting. Friendly
people there to help you. All levels are welcome. Note: There is no
instructor for this class but other participants will help you with your
Crochet Social Group
Crocheting, socializing and making new friends is what the
group is about. The “unofficial instructor” Irene Gehrke teaches
this class, as well as other willing participants help each other
with their new patterns.
- Mondays–Fridays 10:00am-12:00pm
$1.00 (Activity Card)
‘Keeping Memories Alive’ is a scrapbook class you’ll want to attend. If scrapbooking seems like a monumental task, don’t worry, it’s really not! All you need are a few basic materials and some ideas and encouragement. No experience or expertise is required-it’s as simple as cutting and gluing. We supply the materials. Learn to create and preserve your family history in the form of a scrapbook.
Class meets Mondays, from 9:00am-12:00pm for six weeks. Fee is $25.00
There are no paid instructors for the following group activities.
Tournaments are held the third Monday of every month. Open play is closed during the duration of all tournaments. Use your monthly $10.00 pool card to play.
$10.00 (Monthly Pool fee)
Join your friends on Mondays to play Mah-Jongg. A Chinese board game that gained U.S. popularity in the 1920’s. No registration required.
$1.00 (Activity Card)
Hand n Foot
This strategic game, full of excitement and daring entertainment, is similar to Canasta, but much more exciting. Come and find out. No registration required.
- Tuesday—12:00pm & Fridays—1:00pm—3:30pm
$1.00 (Activity Card)
Enjoy this game played with domino tiles. The object of the game is to rid your hand of as many dominoes as possible and be the first to do so.